website security

Mar 20

Burn That Fat – How To Calculate Your Ideal Body Weight

[p1vc-video]

When you are starting a weight loss regime and you want to lose weight you need to set goals. One of the goals that you need to set is your ideal weight. But how does one determine their ideal weight?

Here I am going to present you with the formula that allows you to calculate your ideal weight correctly. First of all you need to determine the ideal body fat percentage you are aiming for. There are different ranges depending on whether you are male or female.

I will use an example to determine an ideal weight. Say I am a woman and my goal is to have a lean (good) rating. This means my goal body fat percentage should be between 10 and 14 percent. I will pick a goal in the middle of this range. My goal will be 12%.

To work out your ideal goal weight you need to know your current body fat percentage. You can measure this using a number of methods such as bio impedance scales, skin fold tests and even the manual navy method.

After I have measured my current weight and my current body fat percentage I have the following figures:

Current Weight: 154 pounds

Percentage: 33% (Anything over 30% is very poor for a woman)

This means that 33% of my total body weight is fat. So, 154 x 33% = 50.82. So 50.82 pounds of my total body weight is pure fat. The rest of my body weight is Lean Body Mass. So 154 – 50.82 = 103.18. This means my lean body mass is 103.18 pounds.

To know what my total weight will be when I achieve my goal I will assume that I have the same lean body mass. Having a body fat percentage of 12% means that the remaining 88% of my body is my lean body mass.

Working this out: Goal Weight x 88% = 103.18 (my current lean body mass)

So my goal weight will be 103.18/88% = 117.25 pounds.

To achieve my goals my ideal body weight will be 117.25 pounds.

Of course, over time my goal weight will probably change. While trying to burn that fat I will probably put on some more lean mass and so you should readjust your goal weight every couple of weeks depending on what your current lean body mass is!

If you found this information helpful then why not visit my website Burn That Fat [burnthatfat.com.au]. I have lost 60 pounds and you can too. Find out tips, tricks and secrets from me, a real weight loss success story.

Article Source: EzineArticles.com/expert/Laura_Milczarek/862151